What is Mobile Number Portability (MNP)?
Mobile Number Portability (MNP) allows you to switch from one telecom operator to another without having to change your existing mobile phone number. If you are not happy with your current service provider or if you are moving to a different location where a different service provider has better mobile signal reception and reputation, you can transfer your existing mobile phone number to this new service provider using Mobile Number Portability (MNP). Both consumers and telecom operators benefit from the Mobile Number Portability (MNP).
Subscribers gets the freedom to choose service providers based on services, price and customer service without having to change their mobile number under Mobile Number Portability (MNP) scheme. Customers are now more willing to change to a different service provider based on their requirements since they now don't have to loose their existing mobile number. This helps telecom operators to easliy compete for new customers, all thanks to Mobile Number Portability (MNP).
Mobile Number Portability (MNP) Benefits to Subscribers
- Consumer can retain his same phone number for life which will ensure his social and business, old and new communication links remain alive for life
- Mobile service providers compete and strive hard to retain customers; consumers thus get competitive pricing, services, improved and innovative value added services
- Better addressing of grievances to retain subscribers
- Mobile Number Portability (MNP) process is not only affordable but also very straightforward and easy
- Choosing the best suitable subscription plan can save money
- No need to alert friends and family in a hurrty to a change in the service provider as the phone number remains same
- Many telecom operators are willing to offer one time introductory free talktime and data usage, which can save some money while subscriber tries out new service provider
Mobile Number Portability (MNP) Benefits to Telecom Operators
- New telecom operators will be able to penetrate this competitive market with their innovative and better services in their relatively new and uncongested network
- Service providers no longer have to pay the fees to reserve a specific number series in a particular zone
- Better chances of acquiring more customers through competitive pricing, services, improved and innovative value added services
- By offering better price to value ratio for the subscribers new telecom operators can attract a good number of subscribers
To learn more about how to transfer your mobile phone number to a different service provider through Mobile Number Portability (MNP), click here: How to use Mobile Number Portability - MNP Procedure.
To use our free online Mobile Tracker, to trace mobile number basic details, click here: Mobile Tracker.